Weezie's Is Gold Standard Certified by the Belize Tourism Board
Weezie’s Oceanfront Hotel reopened to international travel on October 1, 2020! To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, all visitors to Belize are subject to new government COVID-19 regulations and guidelines during the current stage of the phased reopening.
Belize’s “Tourism Gold Standard” Certification Program
To meet the new health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19, the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) has launched its “Tourism Gold Standard” certification program for hotels and tour operators to ensure a consistently high standard is being provided to visitors. We are pleased to share that Weezie’s Oceanfront Hotel has met and exceeded these Gold Standards, so you can trust your stay will be in the safest environment possible.
The following graphic provides helpful information on the new arrival and departure process, but we recommend visiting the Belize Tourism Board website to learn more about the Belize’s new guidelines.
TRAVELING TO BELIZE
In these unprecedented times surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance. The Government of Belize reopened the Philip Goldson International Airport on August 15, 2020. The reopening of the international airport for tourism, which was closed in late March to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, comes ahead of the reopening of our land borders as well as cruise tourism. Thankfully, Belize has been able to closely monitor the spread of the virus and Belize is considered a safe travel destination. Weezie’s Oceanfront Hotel has officially passed inspection and is a Tourism Gold Standard Hotel approved by the Government of Belize which requires enhanced hotel and restaurant cleaning practices, social interactions, workplace policies, and standard operating procedures, while ensuring minimal impact on the guest experience.
Belize is known as being a top travel destination in Central America and the Caribbean and given the country’s management of the virus to date, we are perfectly poised and committed to protecting health and safety while providing a one of a kind vacation experience.
Weezie’s Health & Safety Plan
With the international airport as Belize’s first port of entry to reopen, the Government has made a number of modifications to ensure safety. These new rules of engagement apply to both visitors entering the country and to hotels in order to stunt the re-emergence of the COVID-19 virus in Belize. Moreover, the Belize Tourism Board and the Ministry of Health have simultaneously launched reopening guidelines for hotels & restaurants which were introduced as part of the Government’s commitment to keep Belizeans, tourism dependent communities, and visitors safe from the risks related to Coronavirus.
COVID-19 Entry Requirements: The International Airport reopened on August 15, 2020. The Government of Belize has made a number of modifications to ensure safety. To summarize, some of the specific requirements that must be undertaken prior to travel includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Download the Belize Health App and complete the required information at least 72 hours prior to arrival. A QR code with a unique ID number will be returned to you, and will be used for contact tracing while in Belize. The Belize Health App is available for download, check here before arrival: https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety
- Either present a negative PCR test result taken within the last 72 hours prior to arrival or pay (USD$50) for a rapid test within the airport at your expense. Rapid test results will be available within 15 – 30 minutes after testing.
- Wear a mask while in public spaces and at the resort’s shared public spaces as well as maintaining social distancing.
- More information regarding entry requirements can be found on the Belize Tourism site: https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety.
COVID-19 Resort Precautions: For the safety of our guests and staff, we have implemented a series of COVID-19 resort precautionary measures to ensure the health and well being while maintaining a warm & welcoming environment as follows:
- Social distancing and the use of face masks while in public spaces
- Low contact check-in & out procedures
- Hand sanitizing stations across the property
- Enhanced room cleaning & disinfecting and increased sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces
- Daily health checks for guests and employees
- Due to the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic, tour schedules and availability may be altered. The Front Desk will confirm your tours upon checking in and we will do our best to offer alternative options!
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
As previously mentioned, the Belize Tourism Board and the Ministry of Health have released reopening guidelines for hotels & restaurants and we have obtained our Tourism Gold Standard Certification. Additionally, we are communicating with our employees and guests the importance of preventative measures such as frequent hand-washing, using hand sanitizers and rigorous cleaning processes. Weezie’s takes appropriate measures to clean, sanitize, and disinfect guest rooms, linens and shared public spaces. We’re cleaning and disinfecting shared public surfaces more frequently. Additionally, we’re taking necessary steps to make sure all linens are sanitized.
Employee Self Care: In addition to ensuring the health and well-being of our guests, we are also focused on the care of our employees. Weezie’s has reinforced employee sick day policies, requiring time off during all illnesses.
Guest Awareness: If you are sick with COVID-19, or have recently traveled to a banned country, or suspect you are infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, we ask you to follow the Ministry of Health guidelines and not travel to our resort for your own safety as well as the prevention of spreading the disease.